Welcome to Versa J's 101
:: Henny Jasiewicz :: Butch Jasiewicz :: Chris Bogdon ::
:: Erik Bogdon :: Frank Stetar :: Steve Gibala :: Randy Koslosky ::
Henny & the Versa J’s was formed in 1972 but its true origin dates back much farther than that. Henny Jasiewicz, leader of the Versa J’s, began playing trumpet some 59 years ago in a Pittsburgh-based band called, “The Bell Hops”. The Bell Hops were together from the 1950’s to the late 1960’s. When the group disbanded, Henny joined the Polish All-Stars for a few years. When that group disbanded, Henny started the Versa J’s. Besides Henny, current Versa J members include:
• Butch Jasiewicz (Henny's son) joined the Versa J’s on drums in 1985.
• Randy Koslosky joined the Versa J’s in 1995 adding his accordion, piano, vocals and unique songwriting ability.
• Chris Bogdon joined the band in 2007 contributing on concertina, trumpet, guitar, accordion, bass and vocals.
• Steve Gibala also joined in 2007 playing clarinet, sax and singing some of your favorite tunes.
• Erik Bogdon joined the band in 2008 and plays bass, concertina, accordion and contributes on vocals as well.
• Frank Stetar joined the band in 2013 and contributes on trumpet and vocals.
Unofficial member Victoria Koslosky often joins the group on vocals and violin!
• Henny is a 2011 inductee into the International Polka Hall of Fame.
• Henny & the Versa J’s is a 2004 Grammy nominee.
• Henny & the Versa J’s are the grateful recipients of numerous IPA & USPA awards.
Throughout the years, although the members of the Versa J's have changed, the mission has always been the same: Play great Polka music for the people. After 42 years and 8 recordings later…the band is still growing and getting stronger.